Monday, December 6, 2010

Artist Statement

           My work expresses me in many ways. You can tell what mood I'm in by my artwork. My goals are to expand my artwork to different/bigger ideas. I feel like I just do the first thing I think of. I dont really think about all the possibilities and outcomes that I would have if I elaborated on my thoughts and showed it in my artwork. I want to work on that. My goal is to make my artwork better.
          If I am in a bad mood my work is sloppy & depressing. I would probably use ink or crayons and color out of the lines so to speak. My mood definitely plays a big role. If I'm happy I will use bright colors and use colored pencils or pastels. I would probably also draw or color flowers, birds, butterflies, etc.
          My current work hasn't really included a wide variety. If you look at it you will notice it is mostly collages. I normally stick to the same thing. But I have been trying to challenge myself and use different mediums & techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment